News from Ocean and Bay
- November 5: Step 11 Two-Way Prayer Writing Workshop from 1 PM to 2:30 PM. Zoom Meeting ID: 828 6154 9717, Passcode: 247365.
- November 7: O&B Intergroup Meeting at 6:30 PM. Zoom Meeting ID: 83110951408, Passcode: 247365.
- January 14, 2024: OA Trivia Game Birthday Bonanza from 1 PM to 2:30 PM on zoom and in person at the YANA center in Middletown, Rhode Island. More details in later announcements.
- November 15 – 17, 2024: New Beginnings at Enders, Recovery with Step 11 Ocean and Bay Retreat at Enders Island in Mystic, CT. Save the date!
- Latest newsletter: https://myemail.constantcontact.com/October-2023-Newsletter.html?soid=1103092363563&aid=mUr6Ke1XLjE
- Latest Meeting List: https://oceanandbay.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Meeting_List_Rev_9-12-23.pdf
And now for events going on elsewhere in OA! Please note that all times listed in the body of this email are Eastern Time, USA. Available flyers or links with information how to attend are included. Times on the flyers or links are usually in the time zone of the intergroup hosting the event.
Also, please note that all events are available via Zoom unless otherwise noted. So travel throughout the United States and globally from the comfort of your home being inspired by OA recovery!
- October 13 – 15: The Power of We Texas OA State Convention. Opportunity to attend general sessions virtually. Registration required.
- October 14: The Disease of Compulsive Eating & The Promise of Recovery Newcomers Workshop from 11 AM to 1 PM hosted by the Milwaukee area Intergroup from Wisconsin.
- October 14 & 28: Quick Steps workshop from 10 AM to 2 PM organized by the OA Unity intergroup serving parts of Minnesota and Wisconsin. Registration required.
- October 15: Special Edition Vision for You telephone speaker meeting at 8:30 AM. Held every Sunday. For more info please use the following link https://www.avision4you.info/
- October 15: 12 Step Meditation, Reading & Art workshop from 1 PM to 3 PM offered by the space Coast intergroup from Florida.
- October 15: Forgiveness and Recovery workshop from 4 PM to 6:30 PM hosted by the San Diego intergroup from California.
- October 21: Relapse Prevention & Program Reentry workshop from 10 AM to 12 noon organized by the south Jersey IG from New Jersey.
- October 21: If Nothing Changes Nothing Changes retreat from 9 AM to 5 PM hosted by the OA footsteps virtual intergroup.
- October 22 – November 3: Workshop for Temporary Sponsors – Newcomers First 12 Days. Daily one half hour events. 2 sessions offered: one at 9:30 AM and the other at 6 PM. Registration required. Organized by the Nassau County intergroup from New York.
- October 22: Zoom Security Forum from 4 PM to 5:30 PM organized by OA San Diego. Registration required. OA San Diego offers a variety of recurring zoom workshops for all skill levels. Link for info: https://oasandiego.org/zoom/
- October 28: Abstinence through the Holidays, Negotiating the Slippery Slopes retreat from 12 noon to 11 PM sponsored by the Las Vegas intergroup from Nevada.
- October 31: Nothing Changes If Nothing Changes, How Have I Surrendered in My Recovery? HalloweenTelephone marathon. From 8 AM to 12 midnight. Telephone marathons are held during many holidays on this phone line.
- October 31: Staying Abstinent through the 31st Holi-Daze zoom-a-thon from 9 AM to 2 PM hosted by the Pinellas traditions intergroup from Florida.
- November 2 – December 7: Quick Steps workshop in 6 weeks on Thursdays from 7 PM to 8:30 PM offered by the Connecticut intergroup. Registration deadline October 26.
- November 4: Building and Maintaining a Strong OA Foundation in person workshop from 1 PM to 4 p.m. at the Unity Hill church in Trumbull, Connecticut offered by the southwestern Connecticut intergroup.
Everyone invited! Please help spread the word too!
Eileen from Ocean and Bay