Intergroup Chair: Runs monthly Intergroup meeting. Sets the tone of the meeting, provides leadership and inspiration. Six (6) months of abstinence is required. Serves a period of two years. (Is voted in on an even year and begins service on the odd year.)
• Presides at all regular and special meetings of Ocean & Bay Intergroup
• Responsible for establishing the agenda for all Intergroup meetings
• May cast the deciding vote to make or break a tie
• May participate in a ballot vote
• May attend all standing committee meetings
• Insures that the general account of the Intergroup be audited annually
Vice Chair: The main responsibility is to run the Intergroup meeting in the event the Chair is unable to attend. Six (6) months of abstinence is required. Serves a period of two years. (Is voted in on an odd year and begins service on the even year.)
• Serves in the absence of the chair
Treasurer: Manages monetary affairs of Intergroup. Collects/deposits donations to Ocean and Bay bank account, keeps financial records of cash flow, pays bills, and writes checks for literature purchases for OA Intergroup Literature. Six (6) months of abstinence is required. Serves a period of two years. (Is voted in on an odd year and begins service on the even year.)
• Maintains checking and savings account for dispersal of Intergroup funds
• Submits financial reports each month at the Intergroup meetings
• Is a cosignatory with other board members or an appointee
Recording Secretary: Takes notes at the Intergroup meetings and transcribes them for distribution for the next meeting. Twenty-four (24) hours of abstinence is required. Serves a period of two years. (Is voted in on an even year and begins service on the odd year.)
• See that minutes are kept of all Intergroup meetings and that a copy of the Intergroup minutes is printed and emailed to each Intergroup member/rep
• Maintains a file of all minutes of past meetings
Serves a period of one year; three (3) month abstinence suggested
- Region 6 Reps: Attends Spring and Fall Region 6 Assemblies and reports back to group.
- World Service Reps: Attends WSBC and reports back to Intergroup. (Must have attended Region 6 Assemblies.)
- Corresponding Secretary: Collects mail and responds to queries. (Can be combined with answering service position or designated downloader.)
- Literature Sales: Organizes and orders OA-approved literature; arrives at Intergroup meeting early to sell literature from 7:00-7:30pm.
- Answering Service: Checks messages and respond to inquiries about OA in Rhode Island/Southeastern MA.
- Webteam Committee: Maintains Intergroup website – Click to view Webteam Meetings Calendar.
- Newsletter: Compiles monthly e-newsletter, manages subscriber list, solicits and writes articles as necessary.
- Designated Downloader: Obtains flyers and information from oa.org, Region 6, and/or other Intergroups to distribute at meetings.
- Meeting List Coordinator: Calls group contacts on meeting list to verify meeting information (minimally once a year); acts as the liaison to Website Coordinator for updates to the website; makes online changes as necessary to oa.org.